Bon Iver is an indie rock band that was created in 2007 by Justin Vernon. The band has released two albums: 'For Emma, Forever Ago' and 'Bon Iver, Bon Iver', along with a B-Side entitled 'Blood Bank'. Justin Vernon released first album 'For Emma, Forever Ago' independantly, however is now signed with label Jagjaguwar. The band has been nominated for 4 Grammy awards (won 2), nominated for 2 Brits and also 1 MTV Music Award.
The music video Calgary by Bon Iver doesn't conform to common indie characteristics, which usually includes a performance of some type. Instead, the video is quite abstract while still containing somewhat of a narrative, which is something that I like in music videos as I think it makes the video really odd and captivating. Even though I like the how strange the video is, I don't really like how slow it is and is something I hope to avoid when creating our music video.
No comments:
Post a Comment