- Genre Characteristics: style and iconography, (e.g. stage performance in metal video, dance routine for boy/girl band).
- A relationship between the lyrics and the visuals with the visuals illustrating, amplifying or contradicting the lyrics.
- A relationship between the music and visuals, (e.g. editing to the beat).
- Multiple close up shots of the artists to create visual style, a 'Star Image' to sell the artist.
- A frequent reference to notions looking, (screens within screens, mobile phones, billboards and particularly voyeuristic treatment of the female body).
- Inter-texual references to other media texts may be present, (e.g. films, TV programmes, other music videos etc). Often used in humorous or parody videos.
Hello! I'm Isabella Organ and I'm currently studying English Literature, Media and Photography at A2 level. I hope to develop my media skills in order to aid my future career as an SFX Make-Up artist.
Wednesday, 24 June 2015
Andrew Goodwin's 'Music Video Theory'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment